About Me

My photo
Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, South Africa
I am 100% dedicated to assisting you in creating the perfect cake or cupcake that you have dreamed of. Where you can imagine something but can't create it, I create it for you.

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Good Afternoon All,

So are you wondering what goes into the making of shoe?  Well, in some cases us cake decorators are lucky in that we have templates and specially made cutters to help us out.  But in other cases we may have to destroy one of our very expensive Nine West shoes to create our own templates.  And in this case, that is kinda what I had to do. (I did manage to save the very expensive shoe from being chopped up).
And with a lot of patience and a lot of time, we get the beginnings of a full sized high heeled designer shoe as shown below. (You may have to wait a week or two to see the final product, as it takes a while to dry, and each little section has to be made in staggered stages).  Of course, I am dying to fix up all the little imperfections, but I dare not touch it until it has dried! So in a couple of weeks time, I might just be able to show you the full shoe. Keep posted. (PS:  If baking doesn't pan out, I might have a new career in shoe making).

Have fun, till next time
Mandy-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment