About Me

My photo
Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, South Africa
I am 100% dedicated to assisting you in creating the perfect cake or cupcake that you have dreamed of. Where you can imagine something but can't create it, I create it for you.

Thursday 22 November 2012

Good Evening All,

So I am typing away covered in Cocoa!  Being baking all day, but just had to stop for a second and post some pictures of a couple of cakes and cupcakes I did for Tuesday for a little boy who turned 1.

I was very happy with the little figurines, thought they all came out well.
So please see below a couple of pictures and a little detail on each one.

First up:  The cupcakes.  They the easy part as these were just picture cupcakes of Happy Feet Penguins


Than I did a small 20cm square cake with a picture of the Birthday Boy surrounded by little penguins I had made a few days earlier.  (Threw in a little Snowman, Snow balls, and Snow flakes)  Came out looking very cute.


And lastly a small 18cm Round cake with 2 little Penguins Ice Skating, and of course the Snowman.  I also added a little "lake".  Pretending the ice had melted (Which is why the penguins weren't skating) Lol.
The design of the Penguins I got of a book called:  100 Fondant Models for Cake Decorators.  By Helen Penman.


I really enjoyed doing the Happy Feet and Penguin cake.  Just perfect for a little 1 yrs old.

Will have more to show on the weekend, and than next week is very busy with 5 cakes and 1 cupcakes to do.
As usual there are more photos of the above in my gallery.  I do hope you all like the Penguins, and that some of you have tried the Tutorial I posted a week back.

Until next time.  Have fun.
Mandy-Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment