About Me

My photo
Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, South Africa
I am 100% dedicated to assisting you in creating the perfect cake or cupcake that you have dreamed of. Where you can imagine something but can't create it, I create it for you.

Monday 19 November 2012

Good Morning All,

It seems like absolute ages since I last posted a cake to show!
So today I finally have something.  As you all know, the past couple of weeks I have been doing prep work for a bunch of cakes I will be doing for the coming weeks.  And this is the first of many to be coming your way.  This week I will have 6 (Yes 6!) Cakes and Cupcakes to show during the course of the week, so hold on to your hats!.

Okay, so today I got started off with a Bachelorette cake on Saturday (don't worry, it's not X-Rated! Lol).
I had fun and frustration doing this cake.  As simple as it looks, I had a little problem with sticking the darned Fondant onto the side of the cake! (My fault, I don't know where my head was when I planned the cake).  You see, the cake is a Red Velvet Cake with a Cream Cheese Frosting (Yip, I colored it Pink!).  Now any baker will know that Cream Cheese and Fondant are not the best of friends (Which is normally why I tell my clients when I do a Red Velvet design, that it is best to go with Buttercream).
You see, Cream Cheese makes Fondant, Sticky and soft and soggy!, so putting the fondant on the side of the cake just makes the fondant slide down.
I did manage to save the cake, and came up with a solution of painting the Martini Glasses (Not shown in this picture).  But I did give the client new cut out pieces of the Martini Glasses so that she could put them on the side of the cake a few minutes before if she wanted to.
So enough waffling!, here is the picture.  I hope you all enjoy.  And I do hope the client enjoyed her Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese frosting.
The original design is not mine, but I don't know who's it is.  So when and if I do find out, I will credit the designer than.


There are more pictures in the gallery.
So until next time.  Have fun
Mandy-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment