About Me

My photo
Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, South Africa
I am 100% dedicated to assisting you in creating the perfect cake or cupcake that you have dreamed of. Where you can imagine something but can't create it, I create it for you.

Saturday 29 September 2012

Good Evening All,

Well tonight I have a surprise Birthday Cake to show you, that I made for one of the Owners of BMW in Paarl.  I do hope he liked the cake.  It was ordered by his staff.

I made the cake with Red Velvet, but instead of Cream Cheese Filling, I used Buttercream Icing (Which tastes just as good on Red Velvet).  Since the client was going to collect the cake on Thursday, I had to bake the cake on Wednesday.  I started 08:00 sharp on Wednesday morning, and finally got to finish the cake at 03:00 Thursday morning.  Yep!  I pulled and all day and all nighter to get this cake ready for her!

The BMW on the flag was hand painted.  The Golf Ball on top of the cake was also Red Velvet, covered in a thin layer of Fondant, and Titleist hand painted.  The Scroll was also hand painted. The whole cake was covered in Buttercream Icing, hence the slightly wobbly  edges.  Boy! Buttercream is a bugger to get smooth.  So prefer to work with fondant.
So here is a picture of the cake:


There are a few more photos in my gallery.  Hope you all like the cake.
PS:  I cannot credit myself for the design, as the design was found on Google.  However, I don't know who designed the original cake, so I apologize for not being able to name the creator.
Until next time, have fun.
Mandy-Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment