About Me

My photo
Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, South Africa
I am 100% dedicated to assisting you in creating the perfect cake or cupcake that you have dreamed of. Where you can imagine something but can't create it, I create it for you.

Saturday 29 September 2012

Good Evening All, (Again!)
Yep, me again!  2 posts in one night! Phew, I think that is a new record for me.

Well this time, I have a very special cake to show you.  There is a bit of a story behind this cake.  Originally the Cake was ordered by a lady in Australia for someone here in South Africa.  Unfortunately, due to the very expensive international banking charges, she had no choice but to cancel the order.
However, I loved the cake so much, I decided to make it anyway.  It was then donated to the Durbanville Kinderhuis (Childrens Home).
My heart bleeds, and sings at the same time when I see those beautiful children so excited over something that us lucky folk take for granted.
So I do hope the girls at the home loved there cake. (I wonder who got the Icecream Cones?).
The turrets were covered in Fondant (Much easier than trying to smooth them out with buttercream).  The 2 Tier cake was covered with buttercream.  The filling was Banana flavored Buttercream for the bottom layer, and Strawberry flavored buttercream for the top layer.  There are approximately 130 flowers around the cake. 
And as usual, there are more photos in my gallery.
Until next time.  Have fun
Mandy-Jane

ADDENDUM:  I didn't know who made the original design of this cake until now.  So I would like to acknowledge and thank www.simplysweetsaz.blogspot.com  for such a beautiful design.  So sorry I was not able to acknowledge your very popular design until now. (I finally found it when I googled the picture). 
Simply Sweets is based in Phoenix Arizona, and there blog is gorgeous! and there cakes look amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment