About Me

My photo
Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, South Africa
I am 100% dedicated to assisting you in creating the perfect cake or cupcake that you have dreamed of. Where you can imagine something but can't create it, I create it for you.

Sunday 14 October 2012

Good Evening Everyone,

Well this weekend was a very busy and exhausting weekend.  Worked through Thursday and Friday (Till 02:00 Saturday Morning) to get 2 cakes finished for Saturday.
First up was my daughters birthday party on Saturday, and turning 5.  Of course the Picture Cake is no longer acceptable at that age anymore.  Mommy here had to make a full on 3D Castle Cake! Princesses and all!  I cheated the a little bit, and sourced the Disney Princesses from overseas. (There was no way I was going to try mold them!).  Kirsten did help me with the design of the castle of course.  The cake ended up looking just the way I wanted it to look.   Yah!  She was the envy of all her friends.  (No I am not bragging.....  Okay, maybe just a little).  I really did go all out for her. (Well she is my daughter).
So what we got was:  Chocolate Sponge bottom layer fill with Cookies and REAL cream filling, and a Dark Chocolate Ganache.  The Top 2 circle layers were Vanilla Sponge filled with Vanilla Mousse, and a White Chocolate Ganache.  And of course all the other bits and pieces that go into making a Castle Cake fit for a Princess.
So here is the Picture.

Of course, there are more close up pictures in my gallery.
Tomorrow I will show you all the second cake I did, for the cutest little boy who turned 1 today!  His name is Joel.

So until then, have fun.
Mandy-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment